Author Topic: Currie doubles down on "good enough" with the BB program, gives Weber extension  (Read 11813 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
I honestly don't care what we're paying him.  As far as I'm concerned, it's just carving out room in the budget for the next guy (if it comes to that).

Agreed.  He's keeping those budgeted dollars warm.

I like the message we're sending.  Win a conference title, and you'll get paid more.

It's the principle of the thing.  If he sucks and we fire him, whatever, but we'll give him more immediately if he wins.

I approve of that strategy.  Let's be up near the top 3-4 schools in the conference in terms of salary.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
He still makes less than Luke Hochevar

He also makes less than Turner Gill.   
@lopakman

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I honestly don't care what we're paying him.  As far as I'm concerned, it's just carving out room in the budget for the next guy (if it comes to that).

I like the message we're sending.  Win a conference title, and you'll get paid more.

It's the principle of the thing.  If he sucks and we fire him, whatever, but we'll give him more immediately if he wins.

I approve of that strategy.  Let's be up near the top 3-4 schools in the conference in terms of salary.

Yeah, it just kind of makes sense on how it should be done.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm sad that oscar's name wasn't linked to any offseason openings.  the dude split with ku for christ sakes.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

If John was concerned about the job looking attractive he maybe should have not let a successful coach leave for a last-place team. I don't know. Just brainstorming here. There's no judgement in brainstorming.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
also, did anyone notice that Weber managed to give props to Snyder? The dude's a master.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

If John was concerned about the job looking attractive he maybe should have not let a successful coach leave for a last-place team. I don't know. Just brainstorming here. There's no judgement in brainstorming.

damning.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Win a conference title, get a new contract. That's nothing shocking or surprising in the least.

Get a new contract, get higher expectations. Fail to meet those higher expectations, and you're gone.

This is a good thing IMO

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Place additional chips beside the original bet, and point with one finger.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Win a conference title, get a new contract. That's nothing shocking or surprising in the least.

Get a new contract, get higher expectations. Fail to meet those higher expectations, and you're gone.

This is a good thing IMO

well, the first part is right.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm going to double down on laying it on the line.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Trophies of Significance Factor:

oscar Weber 1

Frank Martin 0

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Trophies of Significance Factor:

oscar Weber 1

Frank Martin 0

oscar has more than one dax.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
also, did anyone notice that Weber managed to give props to Snyder? The dude's a master.

every kstate oscar weber release is like that movie where some guy is giving a speech at a pep rally and bombing and then he ends it with "kennedy high football rules" and then everybody goes crazy with clapping and cheering. mention bill? check. quotes from angel? check. ok time to hit send.

Offline orangerocket

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
  • Looga looga, looga looga
    • View Profile
MOTION!

Do you think part of the new contract involves getting a ice cream stand not to be named put outside his office window?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 04:54:10 PM by orangerocket »

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The only possible downside is if he negotiated some huge buyout.  Otherwise there is only upside in this.

catzacker

I'd just stick to the nihilism if I were you, leave the laying it in the line to the existentialists.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm going to lay all the double downs on the line.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Do you think oscar has ever considered getting a Cherry Cheese Shake instead of chicken nuggets?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This is a good thing IMO

This isn't going to happen.  It will go the other way. When he starts failing to met expectations all you'll hear out of the tucks is stuff about how hard it is to sustain success and if the guy that gave us the 1st in 36 can't do it no one can. Then they'll throw in oscar's excuse of the day (and he'll have one) and he'll still be our coach.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile

I'd just stick to the nihilism if I were you, leave the laying it in the line to the existentialists.

fwaaaaa---! :D

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Interesting interpretation of the term "doubles-down"
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Interesting interpretation of the term "doubles-down"

It was something I typed quickly so I wouldn't get Luked, don't read too much into it.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls