Author Topic: Good burger discussion (non-lamb burger related but also tasty and delicious)  (Read 61029 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
had a great burger with blue cheese, carmelozied onions and a chipotle sauce.  perfectly rare.

mods, please move post to the appropriate burger thread when it opens.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:52:05 AM by Mr. KK »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You know what I really like on a burger?  Monterrey Jack (not some weird cowboy/drifter person, THE CHEESE! :lol: ) and thick cut bacon.  Also, texas toast or that square italian bread stuff my wife buys that gets nice and crisp with some garlic/olive oil and 400 degree oven treatment prior to serving.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Am disappointed. Was certain it would be about this, which one critic insists is "A very funny movie!!!"
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
had a great burger with blue cheese, carmelozied onions and a chipotle sauce.  perfectly rare.

mods, please move post to the appropriate burger thread when it opens.

It is very difficult to concentrate on delicious burgers when that ugly avatar of scott drew is crowding my smell/taste memory zone.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
going to make another delicious burger in a hour or two.  waiting for inspiration.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
going to make another delicious burger in a hour or two.  waiting for inspiration.

Ok, start with some salt and pepper.  Massage them in to the burger.  Add garlic and a light drizzle of olive oil in the pan.  Fry up some onions with your burger.  Then add a fresh tomato.  I'd stay away from cheese, today.  Take a good hard look at a little worcestshire.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

ditch the carmelized onion in favor of a little greenery and extra blue cheese :dunno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'd stay away from cheese, today.

:surprised:

don't do it sys.  he's trying to ruin this for you. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like to go with a 1:1 mix of ground beef and sausage sometimes.  Good flavor.

Also have mixed shredded cheese in with the burger.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

ditch the carmelized onion in favor of a little greenery and extra blue cheese :dunno:

i'm low on greenery.  have some basil leaves.   :dunno:

could go to the store, but that seems like a lot of work.  kicking myself for not getting a bag of arugula yesterday.  looked at it for like a solid minute before walking past.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
SkinnyBenny doesn't even know what arugula is. 
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
sys i want to refer you to the "inside out" burger found here-

http://www.blancburgers.com/plazaburgers.html 

my favorite on that menu is the barnyard but substituting the au pouivre burger and adding a peice of aged white cheddar.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
I love pineapple, BBQ sauce, and mozzarella on a burger.

Basically, my favorite burger is an Aloha from So Long.  Amazing.

However, I'd rather make the same thing, but use Oklahoma Joe's Cowtown or Night of the Living Sauce.  I bet that would be fantastic.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Basically, my favorite burger is an Aloha from So Long.  Amazing.

However, I'd rather make the same thing, but use Oklahoma Joe's Cowtown or Night of the Living Sauce.  I bet that would be fantastic.

My wife digs the bbq/pineapple combo

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ok, i've got the meat salted, peppered and sitting with garlic.

available stuff:  a few basil leaves.  frozen, chopped parsley, italian green peppers, tomatoes, onions, chipotle sauce, some bottled salsas (chipotle, jalapeño, verde (tomatillo bomb), several dried chiles, grana padano, camembert, havarti, blue cheese (spanish, pretty mild), canned roasted red peppers (sweet), chorizo (cured, sweet), jamon serrano, normal spices and stuff.

was thinking maybe a four cheese and green pepper.  or maybe kinda do what i can with the greenery/no cheese idea and hope that the parsley could handle things (with tomatoes).

neither sounds as good as last night's burger.  might just redo it.  i could do something like the inside out, but i'd have to substitute jamon for bacon.  seems like it'd be too strong.   :dunno:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Basically, my favorite burger is an Aloha from So Long.  Amazing.

However, I'd rather make the same thing, but use Oklahoma Joe's Cowtown or Night of the Living Sauce.  I bet that would be fantastic.

It is a good So Long Burger, just had one last week.  Not the best there though.  JMHO.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

mexican burgers.  pineapple crazy.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

available stuff:  a few basil leaves.  frozen, chopped parsley, italian green peppers, tomatoes, onions, chipotle sauce, some bottled salsas (chipotle, jalapeño, verde (tomatillo bomb), several dried chiles, grana padano, camembert, havarti, blue cheese (spanish, pretty mild), canned roasted red peppers (sweet), chorizo (cured, sweet), jamon serrano, normal spices and stuff.

was thinking maybe a four cheese and green pepper.  or maybe kinda do what i can with the greenery/no cheese idea and hope that the parsley could handle things (with tomatoes).

neither sounds as good as last night's burger.  might just redo it.  i could do something like the inside out, but i'd have to substitute jamon for bacon.  seems like it'd be too strong.   :dunno:

Hard to go wrong with adding bacon.  JMHO.

Adding some spice and topping with the sweet red pepper might be a nice combo.  With the bacon of course.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

cd33 should take notes on pantry stocking from sys.  I wouldn't forgo cheese bro.  Just my fwiw. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
completely forgot:  i've got some frozen mixed mushrooms.  i could sauté those and then blend or chop them into a topping.  maybe with wine and rosemary.  either onions in with those, or fried and added on as well.  probably would camembert the burger to go with.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile

Basically, my favorite burger is an Aloha from So Long.  Amazing.

However, I'd rather make the same thing, but use Oklahoma Joe's Cowtown or Night of the Living Sauce.  I bet that would be fantastic.

It is a good So Long Burger, just had one last week.  Not the best there though.  JMHO.
The best at So Long is either the Resist Temptation or the Blue Cheese IMO.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
completely forgot:  i've got some frozen mixed mushrooms.  i could sauté those and then blend or chop them into a topping.  maybe with wine and rosemary.  either onions in with those, or fried and added on as well.  probably would camembert the burger to go with.

you just found your answer.  cheese with mushrooms on a burger is for hardees eating dolts.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
you just found your answer.

that's what i thought too.  but i got outvoted, and am going to have to repeat yesterday's version.  might go shopping tomorrow for more beef and extras and make this burger week in the sys apartmenthold.

Offline gato montes

• Fan
  • Winner of the 2011 "Where is 'Clams" Contest
    • View Profile
saute some diced onions, while sauteing make a mixture of soy sauce and worcestershire sauce. Mix all ingredients with meat before cooking.  :lick:

To make it even better add an over easy egg on top with bacon.