Author Topic: Who would you like to start at QB and why?  (Read 19085 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Who would you like to start at QB and why?
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2015, 11:06:00 AM »
Could Delton ever replace Sams in my heart?  I don't know the answer to that.  But I'd like for him to be given the opportunity to try.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2015, 11:08:58 AM »
Could Delton ever replace Sams in my heart?  I don't know the answer to that.  But I'd like for him to be given the opportunity to try.

i'm ready to find love again

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2015, 11:15:05 AM »
snyder would murder delton by running him to death

Could any quarterback make it through four years of Snyders offense unscathed?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2015, 11:15:30 AM »
snyder would murder delton by running him to death

Could any quarterback make it through four years of Snyders offense unscathed?
Probably not.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2015, 11:22:39 AM »
I want whichever makes the running game the most effective and I guess that is Delton  :dunno:

I worry about how front loaded the schedule is for starting Delton with arguably the hardest road game of the season followed by the best team in conference for the first two games.  Unfortunately I don't think Ertz or Hubes bring enough to the table to make much of a difference and the skill players on this team aren't good enough for a game manager to beat anybody but KU, ISU and WVU.  If it's going to be Delton I hope they commit now and let him get as many snaps as possible in the noncon.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2015, 11:34:03 AM »
Two headed monster of Delton and Banks :fatty:

Offline BrokenSky1113

• Fan
  • Heaper of Wampums
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2015, 11:40:06 AM »
Am I really the only one on #teamErtz??

There is so much shakeup and turnover on college rosters I feel like the idea of a 4 year starter is gone. I think it critical to recruiting and maintaining the program that you maximize your ability to win every year.

I like Ertz because I feel he has the most arm talent. If the running skills are roughly equal, and it seems like they are, I trust HBC's system enough to keep the QB run game solid. But in college football these days, you are going to have to make some throws to keep drives alive. Ertz has far and away the most fluid delivery (though I haven't seen Banks a bunch) and I think he can fit the ball into those tight windows on slants and out routes. Not to mention he's had two years on campus to learn the system and to read defenses.

What makes the difference for me is who do I feel most comfortable with dropping back to pass, reading the defense and delivering the ball. The answer to that question is "Sisco" Ertz
"yeah he (she???) is probably the worst fan we have" - Meow Meow

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2015, 11:40:52 AM »
It's obviously Delton.  If the recruit they have committed for next year is as good as he's supposed to be, he will then be able to redshirt next year, and then have 2 years difference between him and Delton.  If we muddle through Ertz/Hubs/and a Cali Love that only gets used for Wildcat packages this year so we can redshirt Delton, then next year we're in the same boat of either having an average starter or an unproven redshirt freshman.  If Delton has the most upside and right now isn't that far behind where the others are, see what he can do this year.  He basically has half a redshirt year under him anyway since he was here for spring ball.

This logic is pretty compelling.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2015, 11:46:14 AM »

There is so much shakeup and turnover on college rosters I feel like the idea of a 4 year starter is gone. I think it critical to recruiting and maintaining the program that you maximize your ability to win every year.

that's kind of what I was getting at. sort of.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2015, 11:49:09 AM »
Ertz wouldn't be such a shitty option if he was a Junior or Senior.  He sucks because he would delay Delton/Banks by at least 3 years.  If its Ertz, I would expect Banks to transfer or change positions before his time is up.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2015, 11:49:48 AM »
Ertz wouldn't be such a shitty option if he was a Junior or Senior.  He sucks because he would delay Delton/Banks by at least 3 years.  If its Ertz, I would expect Banks to transfer or change positions before his time is up.

not necessarily

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2015, 12:00:13 PM »
I want Hubes so that I can LOL at everyone here.
Hoping for Hubedozer at least.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2015, 12:36:11 PM »

I like Ertz because I feel he has the most arm talent. If the running skills are roughly equal, and it seems like they are, I trust HBC's system enough to keep the QB run game solid. But in college football these days, you are going to have to make some throws to keep drives alive. Ertz has far and away the most fluid delivery (though I haven't seen Banks a bunch) and I think he can fit the ball into those tight windows on slants and out routes. Not to mention he's had two years on campus to learn the system and to read defenses.

What makes the difference for me is who do I feel most comfortable with dropping back to pass, reading the defense and delivering the ball. The answer to that question is "Sisco" Ertz

Deputy Dawg is team Ertz.  A true physical specimen that just might revive my faith in the ability of the 'Cats to play a passing game.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2015, 01:17:56 PM »
I'm going to make a prediction: if Delton does NOT red shirt, Snyder retires after this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2015, 03:47:45 PM »
I'm going to make a prediction: if Delton does NOT red shirt, Snyder retires after this season

I don't understand.  Burning Delton's redshirt so that he can help us in Snyder's last season??  I don't think so....not Snyder's style.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2015, 04:01:06 PM »
I change my vote. I had a friend back in the day who I'd play in the ol' NCAA football game. He would always trade out the quarterback for the fastest player on his team. Then all he had to do was run back a ways on a deep passing play, then run around the defenders. Worked like a charm and used to piss me off.

So, let's do that. Just hike it to our fastest player.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2015, 04:09:06 PM »

I don't understand.  Burning Delton's redshirt so that he can help us in Snyder's last season??  I don't think so....not Snyder's style.

Gives Sean Delton with experience and 3 years ahead of him.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2015, 04:10:42 PM »
after hips, shoulder span is my next indicator of athletic prowess. ertz has a very narrow shoulder span. doesnt give me big confidence.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2015, 04:16:02 PM »
We win by having a mobile QB who extends plays. We have no WRs. We need banks at qb.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2015, 04:33:54 PM »

I'm not sure what you're doing with making Ertz a better passer but saying they are equal runners?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2015, 04:34:22 PM »

When Sams was running wild as a backup in 2012 I thought the same thing, Bill guides the program thru Sams learning his way as a Soph in 2013 and Sean gets a 2 year honeymoon with a established QB in '14 & '15.  I guess the same thing could now apply to Delton

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2015, 09:47:25 PM »
Bazooka Joe.

Best nickname.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2015, 09:57:30 PM »
Bazooka Joe.

Best nickname.

California Love is a billion times better (nickname).

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2015, 09:58:30 PM »

Ok I see it now (I personally think Snyder is here until we win it all or his health declines)

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2015, 11:43:40 PM »

Ok I see it now (I personally think Snyder is here until we win it all or his health declines)

This.