Author Topic: Share positive thoughts about fellow Big 12 fan bases . . .  (Read 2499 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Share positive thoughts about fellow Big 12 fan bases . . .
« on: August 26, 2015, 04:28:34 PM »
Go through the entire Big 12 if you'd like, or pick one or two.   Feel free to return if positive thoughts and other things that would make us smile pop into your head about other Big 12 fans.

Personally I get a big kick out of the pride and zeal older KU fans have for their Jayhawks.   The stories about how some older KU fans won't talk to long time friends or family members any more because those friends or family have done some good natured "ribbing" about KU really brings a smile to my face and a general sense of awe for how KU is so deeply ingrained in those elder Jayhawks soul.   Rock Chalk! You long time Jayhawks!!

Ya know hearing about the stories of camaraderie that Iowa State fans share at Kelly's in Westport really is so heartening.   It almost makes me pine for the return of Farmageddon at Arrowhead just so we can feel that joy in the early fall, rather than have to wait until late Winter or early Spring.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Share positive thoughts about fellow Big 12 fan bases . . .
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 04:32:13 PM »
When I went to a game in Norman, some fans let me watch news coverage of the bombing outside the stadium at their tailgate, and gave me some chocolate chip cookies. That was cool.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 04:40:16 PM »
at least one ISU fan has a really really big truck!

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 04:45:07 PM »
I went to the @OSU game in 2011 where we lost and those pokes broke TLBL's kidney.  Everyone genuinely thanked me for coming down as I left the stadium.   Oh, and during the game, I was in the student section and after a EMAW TD I yelled out "eff yeah!" and high fived my buds there with me and the OSU students turned around, not with an angry look on their face, but a "Hey, can you watch the language, please?" look.   I apologized.  :blush:

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 04:47:07 PM »
Some student in Lawrence sold me and my friend two tickets to the 'Cats game for like 40 bucks each my freshman year. Turned out we sat by his grandparents whom the tickets originally came from and they were so nice to us the whole game as we were kicking their ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 05:00:02 PM »
ISU fans show up to their games despite being so bad!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 05:15:34 PM »
OU fans were really nice to me after we kicked their ass in Norman last fall.  Not one problem.

Was in the KU student section in 2002 for 64-0.  The couple students who were there before the game started were saying some not nice things to me about being in their student section, if you call it that.  By the end of the game they didn't say anything, SO THAT WAS PRETTY NICE OF THEM!  lol part of that game, before the game started, Mangino came over to the student section and talked with the students about how important they are and stuff.  There was literally like maybe 25 people in the entire student section like an hour before the game started, so this convo had a real personal touch.  Then Mangino handed some free shirts or something to these die hards.  SO NICE!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 05:30:58 PM »
I've been to Allen Field House a few times and have never been physically punched

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 05:41:34 PM »
The UT alums I know here in Dallas are all really good people and generally pretty fun to hang out with; its their t-shirt fans/sidewalk alums that are unbearable.

:bs:
bears are fast...

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 06:17:32 PM »
KU basketball fans don't rush the court when they beat us. Their football fans take a negative view of parking lots and I often do too, except when I want to park in a secure place and not walks a crap ton long distance.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 07:00:06 PM »
I went to the @OSU game in 2011 where we lost and those pokes broke TLBL's kidney.  Everyone genuinely thanked me for coming down as I left the stadium.   Oh, and during the game, I was in the student section and after a EMAW TD I yelled out "eff yeah!" and high fived my buds there with me and the OSU students turned around, not with an angry look on their face, but a "Hey, can you watch the language, please?" look.   I apologized.  :blush:

Had a very similar experience when I went to the game there in '03. After we lost in a close game a older gentleman came up to me and said "Great game! Hope you win the North!" which we did and proceeded to dismantle OU in the championship game.  :D
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 07:42:59 PM »

Had a very similar experience when I went to the game there in '03. After we lost in a close game a older gentleman came up to me and said "Great game! Hope you win the North!" which we did and proceeded to dismantle OU in the championship game.  :D

If we do that in our own student section we'll supposedly get kicked out now... I know it won't stop the king tho!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 10:05:49 PM »

Two guys that I'm pretty sure didn't eve go to the game and were high on meth tried to start a fight with us after that game :frown:

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 11:23:59 PM »
Leaving the 09 game at OU where G?G tried at 5 hearts to pull off a cats upset, a Sooner fan told me "best damn coach in the country, would trade you straight up."

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 07:37:13 AM »
Haven't had any Baylor fans knock on my door trying to hand out copies of "The Watchtower" for at least 5 years.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 07:54:01 AM »
I appreciate everyone's input so far but some of these stories are a little negative.   Let's try to keep this as Peggy Pos as much as possible.

I'll rate my mostest most favorite fans to my not quite as favorite but still favorite Big 12 fanbases. 

Very Most Favorite:  KU-Lots of little KU buddies and I really enjoy how serious they are about everything while pretending not to care and doing a terrible job of hiding how much the really care.

Next Very Most Favorite:  Iowa State.   Really just the cutest.

Next Next Very Most Favorite:   Texas.   Lots of them, and the alums have a certain educated Texas/Southern sense of humor and the T-Shirter's are just amazing with zeal.

Next "" Very Most Favorite:  OU.   What a combo fanbase.  Pure joy, a roller coaster ride of emotions.

Next """ Very Most Favorite:  OSU.  One of us, with an Okie twist.

Next """" Very Most Favorites:   Baylor, TCU, Tech, and WV 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 07:55:43 AM »
I didn't understand a word of that dad.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 08:28:26 AM »
My experience with opposing fans is that they are generally much nicer after beating us.  And, vice versa, after losing to us. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 09:14:13 AM »
the big 12 team's fans i respect:  UT, OU, TCU and our fans.  blue bloods of b12 cfb

big 12 fans who are meh:  wvu.  they didn't even sell out last year's game against the cats wtf but cdubya is a good fan

the big 12 team's fans that embarrass the big 12:  isu (hayseeds who think they're better than they are), bay (just rough ridin' dorks), osu (terrible fans), ku (no fans), tech (same as isu fans)

if it weren't for the blue bloods fans that i identified above rising the rest of the big 12 fans out of the cellar, our conference fans would be worse than
CUSA fans.  not kidding either.  some of our conference's fans are pussies.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 09:15:05 AM »
Some student in Lawrence sold me and my friend two tickets to the 'Cats game for like 40 bucks each my freshman year. Turned out we sat by his grandparents whom the tickets originally came from and they were so nice to us the whole game as we were kicking their ass.

they fleeced your cracker ass

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 09:19:37 AM »

yeah, shame thread that crap

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 09:22:49 AM »

yeah, shame thread that crap

They seemed pissed their grandson sold their tickets