Date: 28/03/24 - 10:55 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: currie's a retard - confirmed  (Read 9344 times)

January 22, 2010, 08:14:31 AM
Reply #30

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick
Dear Jackass Currie,

if you don't want a ron prince situation, then don't give him a secret buyout.  ron's normal buyout, while stupid, wasn't atrociously terrible.  thanks.

your mortal enemy from now on,
catzacker

January 22, 2010, 08:17:44 AM
Reply #31

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

Well again, let me the first to say that I was operating under the assumption, wrong as it was that Tim Weiser Jr. was just engaging in the "process" and that it would all work itself out.

I've learned in the last few hours that Tim Weiser Jr. is operating pretty much like Pete posted above.

I can appreciate Currie being cautious, but what Frank wants isn't even sniffing at being way off the reservation.   There's also plenty of ways to negotiate a fair an equitable buyout that doesn't break the bank.   There's just too much evidence showing me that giving Frank and staff a nice bump in pay would not be a financial hardship at all.  

:users:

January 22, 2010, 08:20:31 AM
Reply #32

Trim

• Administrator
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    "Tacky" -Kietz
Those familiar with the Trim vs. RP saga, especially how early into RP's tenure it started, check this out:

I don't like Currie.

I don't like Currie.

Why . .  just curious.

Bad vibe.  Feel like his strategy (perhaps dictated to him by prez) is "I can pacify these rubes by talking about   blackberries and twitter and transparency for quite a while".  And he's probably right.  The whole thing seems very RP-ish when it comes to talking instead of doing.  Maybe I'm just that traumatized from the RP era.  Of course, I was right about him from jump...

Bad vibe.  Feel like his strategy (perhaps dictated to him by prez) is "I can pacify these rubes by talking about   blackberries and twitter and transparency for quite a while".  And he's probably right.  The whole thing seems very RP-ish when it comes to talking instead of doing.  Maybe I'm just that traumatized from the RP era.  Of course, I was right about him from jump...

So what do you want him to talk about?  It seems to me that he is not just talking about twitter and blackberries.  He has removed a couple of guys, which was way past due, and he's done everything I can think of to assure the donors that secret deals are no longer being made and the Wefald/Krause spending-spree is over.  He has done a hell of a job of trying to get some football tickets sold.

He has put a hold on facilities projects, but has said they are still going to be as aggressive as they can under the current circumstances.  I agree that it has only been talk so far with regard to facilities, but I'm not sure what else he can do other than talk when the bank account is empty.

I agree that it's way too early to crown him the next Jeremy Foley or Joe Castiglione, but the fact that he seems to be the polar opposite of Tim Weiser is enough to get me excited.  Of course, we'll see how things progress from here and the ultimate gauge of his success will be if he is able to increase income and hire good coaches.

Part of the problem is I'm really smart, so almost anyone who has to communicate to bulk KSU fans is going to sound very condescending to me.

I think the way he structured and marketed football tickets is a great example of actually doing something, and doing it well.

I want a basketball practice facility.

getting more people to go to football games might be a good start.  who knows, though?  :dunno:

All summer, they've been going on and on about how all fans should know that their donations are being used for the intended purpose.  During the first live chat, after Currie side-stepped a few questions/comments about the hoop facility and reiterated family reunion, transparency, Ask John, etc., I chatted that I wanted my already-made, audit-be-damned hoops donation to go towards the practice facility.  No response.  :dunno:

Whatever.  I just have a bad first impression of him.  I'm kind of a dick.

I'll wait 'til at least October before I star wearing a Fire Currie shirt.  :thumbsup:

January 22, 2010, 08:25:49 AM
Reply #33

Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Cub

Well again, let me the first to say that I was operating under the assumption, wrong as it was that Tim Weiser Jr. was just engaging in the "process" and that it would all work itself out.

I've learned in the last few hours that Tim Weiser Jr. is operating pretty much like Pete posted above.

I can appreciate Currie being cautious, but what Frank wants isn't even sniffing at being way off the reservation.   There's also plenty of ways to negotiate a fair an equitable buyout that doesn't break the bank.   There's just too much evidence showing me that giving Frank and staff a nice bump in pay would not be a financial hardship at all.  

I love it, as soon as you turn on someone, you give them a clever name.

Ron Prince = Stan Parrish
Tim Weiser = Timid Timmy
Max Urick = Mediocre Max

:love:

Forgot your Wooly name...

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 08:29:57 AM by Saulbadguy »

January 22, 2010, 08:28:08 AM
Reply #34

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

What's becoming clear to me; having a successful basketball season and not having regular opportunities to meltdown is taking its toll on this messageboard fanbase.

January 22, 2010, 08:29:40 AM
Reply #35

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
What's becoming clear to me; having a successful basketball season and not having regular opportunities to meltdown is taking its toll on this messageboard fanbase.

It's who we are
<---------Click the ball

January 22, 2010, 08:31:42 AM
Reply #36

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Saul . . . Ron Prince = Black Stan Parrish.

Apparently Tim Weiser Jr. told the huddled masses at the Salina Catbackers meeting that Frank would be given a new contract based on his "full body of work" (not one game).  

TWJr. also told the huddled masses that VT, Miami and Auburn were still a go on the football non conference schedule.  (posting here since many pretty much don't care about football anymore . . . not that I blame them given WRSOAT in place)

January 22, 2010, 08:33:15 AM
Reply #37

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

It's who we are

No doubt.  Plus we've had so many opportunities to practice melting down for years that we've gotten very good at it.  This morning has shown that we haven't forgotten.

January 22, 2010, 08:34:40 AM
Reply #38

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

Apparently Tim Weiser Jr. told the huddled masses at the Salina Catbackers meeting that Frank would be given a new contract based on his "full body of work" (not one game).  

Isn't this pretty much the stance you took when this contract came up originally in the thread J-Mart started? :dunno:

January 22, 2010, 08:34:51 AM
Reply #39

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

It's who we are

It's like a nice, warm blanket.  

But for reals, given ksu athletics (and specifically ksu bball) over the past...I don't know.. 10-15 years, if you put your money on the "kick in the nuts" side of any "that's not gunna happen" situation, you would have enough money to give currie money to give frank an raise/extension and pay for the practicie facility AND build some towers for the fball stadium.  

January 22, 2010, 08:36:43 AM
Reply #40

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
Also, props to Trim for sniffing out losers
<---------Click the ball

January 22, 2010, 08:39:35 AM
Reply #41

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

It's who we are

No doubt.  Plus we've had so many opportunities to practice melting down for years that we've gotten very good at it.  This morning has shown that we haven't forgotten.

ksu_fan- not wanting to be a powertard or a ksufans meltdowner. forced to hover somewhere in the middle on every single possible messageboard topic with no strong opinions on anything ever.   :sleep:

January 22, 2010, 08:40:17 AM
Reply #42

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick
Saul . . . Ron Prince = Black Stan Parrish.

TWJr. also told the huddled masses that VT, Miami and Auburn were still a go on the football non conference schedule.  (posting here since many pretty much don't care about football anymore . . . not that I blame them given WRSOAT in place)

I'm sure you'd agree that's a good thing.  Hopefully it means currie told OB "tough sh*t, Bill, just go play 'em".  Cause it's be absurd to buy out of those (unless it was mutual and didn't cost anything) and then tell frank we don't gots no money.  

I think it's becoming more and more clear that bill snyder ruins basketball.

January 22, 2010, 08:41:09 AM
Reply #43

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

It's who we are

ksu_fan- not wanting to be a powertard or a ksufans meltdowner. forced to hover somewhere in the middle on every single possible messageboard topic with no strong opinions on anything ever.   :sleep:

It takes a lot for me to meltdown I guess.  :dunno:

January 22, 2010, 08:43:58 AM
Reply #44

Trim

• Administrator
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    "Tacky" -Kietz

Ironically, while I'm great at sniffing out KSU-employed losers, it took J-Mart (while on a KSU road trip) to confirm to me that a guy my office hired whom J-Mart had just met was a loser.  :dunno:

January 22, 2010, 08:45:56 AM
Reply #45

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.

He's amazing!  :love:

It's who we are

No doubt.  Plus we've had so many opportunities to practice melting down for years that we've gotten very good at it.  This morning has shown that we haven't forgotten.

ksu_fan- not wanting to be a powertard or a ksufans meltdowner. forced to hover somewhere in the middle on every single possible messageboard topic with no strong opinions on anything ever.   :sleep:

It takes a lot for me to meltdown I guess.  :dunno:

I'm pretty sure your only meltdown was "turn out the lights".

January 22, 2010, 08:47:58 AM
Reply #46

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

It's who we are

Me too.  Some of these guys need to relax.  these things work themselves out for the better.

sincerely,
lon krueger
tom asbury
dana altman
the exodus in '98
wooly
the pasco fiasco
the '04 and '05 football season
jon wefald medling in everything
bob huggins to wvu
ron prince
ron prince's buyout
ron prince's super secret buyout
krause's buyout
weiser's buyout
It's Patterson
hiring back old balls
john "lowball" currie

January 22, 2010, 08:50:03 AM
Reply #47

BarryMcCockner

• Cub

AGAIN, does anyone know when this was offered, is this this preseason offer to increase the current contract, or an actual extension offer made recently?  If this was what Currie before the season to increase the payout of his current contract, that's no big deal.  If this is the offer on the table now for the extension, that's a big deal.  No relaiable source has indicated that is the case.

I stand by the fact that I don't think there is any way in hell the big $$$ donors will allow Frank to leave without a fair offer on the table.  The fact that he gave ANY more money to the carpet muncher and OBz means that he's not as tight as some are suggesting, and in those instances I'm sure he didn't have the Garths of the world dangling cash carrots in front of him.

But keep melting down, it's fun to watch.   :dancin:

January 22, 2010, 08:52:53 AM
Reply #48

Chingon

• Administrator
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Rey de los Chingones

It's who we are

Me too.  Some of these guys need to relax.  these things work themselves out for the better.

sincerely,
lon krueger
tom asbury
dana altman
the exodus in '98
wooly
the pasco fiasco
bob huggins to wvu
ron prince
ron prince's buyout
krause's buyout
weiser's buyout
It's Patterson
hiring back old balls
john "lowball" currie

JFC, you forgot the hot dog fiasco.

Those dark hours are still lamented to this day.

January 22, 2010, 08:53:35 AM
Reply #49

bigDcat

would never go to a kstate athletics event again. &@#% you DOD. you &@#%ed up everything.

January 22, 2010, 08:54:43 AM
Reply #50

mcmwcat

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Now that's how you get out a f***ing blood stain.

It's who we are

sincerely,
lon krueger
tom asbury
dana altman
the exodus in '98
wooly
the pasco fiasco
bob huggins to wvu
ron prince
ron prince's buyout
krause's buyout
weiser's buyout
It's Patterson
hiring back old balls
john "lowball" currie

JFC, you forgot the hot dog fiasco.

Those dark hours are still lamented to this day.

you also forgot snyder up and quitting w/ no warning and no plan in place eventually costing ksu millions of dollars.
When I was a kid growing up in the projects, I used to dream of going into space, of escaping the slums, of killing an Ewok!

January 22, 2010, 08:55:47 AM
Reply #51

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
AGAIN, does anyone know when this was offered, is this this preseason offer to increase the current contract, or an actual extension offer made recently?  If this was what Currie before the season to increase the payout of his current contract, that's no big deal.  If this is the offer on the table now for the extension, that's a big deal.  No relaiable source has indicated that is the case.

If the offer was really $800k, w/ $30k extra for Figger and Underwood each, it was silly no matter when it was offered.

The only encouraging thing is the power of EMAW could possibly either force Currie's hand or run him out of town.

January 22, 2010, 09:02:43 AM
Reply #52

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    (worst non-premium poster at ksufans.com)
jfc, this site has become insufferable.  the perfect storm of meltdown fanatics and KSUFans.com rejects.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

January 22, 2010, 09:03:37 AM
Reply #53

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
jfc, this site has become insufferable.  the perfect storm of meltdown fanatics and KSUFans.com rejects.

:blank:

January 22, 2010, 09:04:09 AM
Reply #54

WildcatNkilt

• Cub

Seriously, if we lose Frank Martin because we won't pay him I don't know what I'll do. I can't say that I wouldn't be willing to go to jail over it. frack you John Currie. frack you.

I understand your urge for a meltdown considering we haven't had one lately with our recent run of success, but you are jumpin' the gun a bit on this one.  I would be extremely upset along with you if Currie chased Martin off, but "fire (insert name here)" websites really make our fanbase look like toolbags. 

Dirty, threatening emails is the way to go.   :thumbsup:

January 22, 2010, 09:06:01 AM
Reply #55

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

If the offer was really $800k, w/ $30k extra for Figger and Underwood each, it was silly no matter when it was offered.

The only encouraging thing is the power of EMAW could possibly either force Currie's hand or run him out of town.

he has to be feeling like a moron. it's his first big thing and he's already f'd it up (in my mind, any goodwill he could have had is gone between him and frank).  i mean, aside from the fact that he's getting pretty close ot if not already has completely pissed off the entre fan base, but I kind of get the feeling that he's even pissing off the media that cover(ed) ksu bball...they're like "hey idiot, I like covering awesome basketball, so fracking pay him".

January 22, 2010, 09:07:57 AM
Reply #56

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

Go have drinks with Pete after work and let him fill you in on the details.... :users:
<---------Click the ball

January 22, 2010, 09:11:29 AM
Reply #57

Kat Kid

• Administrator
  • Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    warm up the EMAW

It's who we are

It's like a nice, warm blanket.  

But for reals, given ksu athletics (and specifically ksu bball) over the past...I don't know.. 10-15 years, if you put your money on the "kick in the nuts" side of any "that's not gunna happen" situation, you would have enough money to give currie money to give frank an raise/extension and pay for the practicie facility AND build some towers for the fball stadium.  

THis is soooo true.
ksufanscopycat my friends.

January 22, 2010, 09:18:39 AM
Reply #58

mcmwcat

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Now that's how you get out a f***ing blood stain.
but I kind of get the feeling that he's even pissing off the media that cover(ed) ksu bball...they're like "hey idiot, I like covering awesome basketball, so fracking pay him".

if anything can be said to be absolutely true at this point this is it.  j-mart, cap journal guys, radio guys in kc are all on Frank's side.

smellis i'm sure is sucking on currie's teet.
When I was a kid growing up in the projects, I used to dream of going into space, of escaping the slums, of killing an Ewok!

January 22, 2010, 09:23:34 AM
Reply #59

WildcatNkilt

• Cub

but I kind of get the feeling that he's even pissing off the media that cover(ed) ksu bball...they're like "hey idiot, I like covering awesome basketball, so fracking pay him".

if anything can be said to be absolutely true at this point this is it.  j-mart, cap journal guys, radio guys in kc are all on Frank's side.

smellis i'm sure is sucking on currie's teet.

Or his Wife's cookies.