Author Topic: Get ready guys, we're about to Laffer Curve our asses off  (Read 5695 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Get ready guys, we're about to Laffer Curve our asses off
« on: December 20, 2014, 07:29:58 AM »
We've all seen the liberal propaganda about budgets and how Brownback needs to "slash"$648 million dollars from the budget.  I mean the only reasonable thing to go is to gut it from state social service programs, the roads, and "education funding". 

But thats all dead weight that needed to be cut.  Here is some more great news.   Kansas lost 4100 jobs in November.  Now don't get shocked, because even though some of our neighbors managed to gain jobs, Kansas was just getting in prime position.  Brownback promised that in his second term we'd finally reap the rewards for his policies with 2000 jobs rolling into Kansas every month (even though last year we averaged 1000 jobs per month)!!!  With his reelection in November its clear that we're about to hope on that magical side of the Laffer Curve and the money and jobs will finally start rolling into Kansas. 
http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/yael-t-abouhalkah/article4668108.html

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Get ready guys, we're about to Laffer Curve our asses off
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 08:01:11 AM »
Huh. So worst case scenario is I pay less taxes and the government spends less money? I love living in a red state.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 08:16:04 AM »
Huh. So worst case scenario is I pay less taxes and the government spends less money? I love living in a red state.
And you don't drive on paved roads, and your friends and neighbors don't have jobs, and the most vulnerable parts of society go without food and medicine. 

But that is worst case.  Hopefully all our business owners don't listen to liberal propaganda with their "math" and "economic statistics" and......"math". 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 08:31:19 AM »
And you don't drive on paved roads, and your friends and neighbors don't have jobs, and the most vulnerable parts of society go without food and medicine. 

But that is worst case.  Hopefully all our business owners don't listen to liberal propaganda with their "math" and "economic statistics" and......"math".

Sorry. I meant worst case for me. Roads will be fine. The "most vulnerable" can get jobs. Less taxes!  :Woot:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:11:05 AM »
They can get jobs unless there aren't any.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 09:17:14 AM »

There are plenty of entry level jobs available.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 09:27:15 AM »

4100 less

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 09:30:11 AM »

But I thought those people were still scum class libs working at McDs and should be purged from society?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 09:43:01 AM »
edn, hardcore lib posing as a moderate.   :lol:  (Dax:  I don't like Brownback)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 09:46:23 AM »
edn, hardcore lib posing as a moderate.   :lol:  (Dax:  I don't like Brownback)
How am I lib when I want to slash and burn the budget to get on the right side of this curve!

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 10:05:58 AM »
Guys, I got to keep thousands more this year thanks to sam, the highway by my house just got paved and we grew our employee count 10%

Sad to hear we had a bad month, presumably an anomaly since all the other months have been positive (per edna).
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 10:10:50 AM »

But I thought those people were still scum class libs working at McDs and should be purged from society?

What on earth are you talking about? I'm glad they're working as opposed to suckling off the government teat. I don't scoff at people working entry level jobs because I'm not an elitest snob (unlike the Obamas - and you apparently).

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 10:20:29 AM »

What on earth are you talking about? I'm glad they're working as opposed to suckling off the government teat. I don't scoff at people working entry level jobs because I'm not an elitest snob (unlike the Obamas - and you apparently).
ah the old double deflection of conservative terms

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 10:21:04 AM »
Probably fired a bunch of worthless government employees :ROFL:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 10:36:29 AM »
Probably fired a bunch of worthless government employees :ROFL:
not so much fired as allowed them to go into the private sector to work for our uber efficient privatized Kancare system.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 11:38:41 AM »
None of this is really that big of a deal. You can still just go get a good job in some other state.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 12:16:33 PM »
None of this is really that big of a deal. You can still just go get a good job in some other state.

Right. Or get a job here. Whatever floats your boat.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 01:49:59 PM »
Not a big fan of Sam, think he went a little too far.

But all we get from the left on the state level is . . . tax more, higher fees and spend more.   

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 04:19:34 PM »

But all we get from the left on the state level is . . . tax more, higher fees and spend more.

Somebody really should try running on setting taxes at a reasonable level required to meet state obligations.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 07:13:15 PM »

I've lived in two very red states and two very blue states, currently being in a purple state is pretty great.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 08:13:20 PM »

Somebody really should try running on setting taxes at a reasonable level required to meet state obligations.

That's what Sam's doing, but he's only halfway there. Now we need to reduce our state obligations.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 08:28:42 PM »
Yeah, that was a pretty stupid comment by rage, per usual

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2014, 08:29:39 AM »

That's what Sam's doing, but he's only halfway there. Now we need to reduce our state obligations.

Yeah, that 6% tax that he lowered to 4% was just devastating to us all. Now we just need to get rid of some of those stupid schools to lower our state obligations to a level that we can afford.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2014, 08:57:10 AM »

Yeah, that 6% tax that he lowered to 4% was just devastating to us all. Now we just need to get rid of some of those stupid schools to lower our state obligations to a level that we can afford.

Actually, consolidating some rural school districts would be a good idea, as has been discussed at length in another thread. I don't think Brownback will do it, though. Rural school consolidation seems to be a "third rail" of Kansas politics.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2014, 09:00:09 AM »

Actually, consolidating some rural school districts would be a good idea, as has been discussed at length in another thread. I don't think Brownback will do it, though. Rural school consolidation seems to be a "third rail" of Kansas politics.

That's because it kills communities and gives kids long commutes to school.