Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145480 times)

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #18575 on: October 30, 2017, 12:13:39 PM »
Band down the Hill

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18576 on: October 30, 2017, 01:35:30 PM »
Man, I've never seen so many things said about me by so many people. Guess I got upgraded to premium. A bargain at twice the price.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18577 on: October 30, 2017, 03:54:59 PM »
The guy didn't have anything else to do while sitting in JCCC library on a Saturday doing homework, than to try and cause a riff on gE
I was budgetlessly ballin out at ZRH waiting to catch my flight to AMS while riffin' on gE, as a point of fact. And I never did homework on a Saturday whilst at JCCC, much less in the library. Lulz.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18578 on: October 30, 2017, 09:45:27 PM »
Translation: what does it say?

Something wrong with your resolution? It say's "Fire [you]"

I ain't got a job. Fire away!
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18579 on: October 30, 2017, 09:47:28 PM »
Wow.

Been trying to post for awhile. My friend is a ref who ref's practices of the 3 local teams. Here is his comments he shared with me.

As you know I go to practices at Mizzou, K-State, and KU.

Snyder runs a tight, on schedule ship at K-State. They say they are going to work on on-side kick recovery from 4:12p-4:18p – that is what they do without fail. All day long like that- specific objectives covered. Players and coaches move quickly.

Mizzou is getting better- clearly this new coach knows how to run and plan a practice. They fly around with purpose and are getting better. Coaches coach, players play, everyone is on point.

Now on to KU…….They ask us to be on-site at 3:45, ready to go at 4:00pm. We are ready to go. If we are lucky, they stop putzing around/stretching/throwing deep bombs/jacking aroud about 4:20p. Oh yes, usually at this point Beatty or a couple of his assistants start asking us about what wasn’t called last Saturday- this can be 3 minutes or 20 minutes. Around 4:20-4:30 then they chose to focus on pass routes in the end zone, and inefficiently at that. We do that for 10-20 minutes until Doug Meachem & Kenny Perry almost get into a fistfight over who is supposed to be doing what. HC Beatty told us that #3 Chase Harrell is the next Randy Moss-Jerry Rice……well…..I will let his stats speak for themselves. We then usually kick a variety of field goals and extra points. This process is like surgery at K-State and Mizzou, …..KU…well…..you can guess- struggle to get the right players in the right position. Joe DeForest looks out of his depth at a D-1 program. I’m not sure how Oklahoma State and West Virginia hired him. More about him later. We then typically then run some sort of Team O ….maybe 1’s versus 2’s or some variation of that. This continues the trend of pass routes to Harrell #3, and Sims #11. Sometimes it’s a successful play, sometimes not. Trick plays are smattered in there as well.

Oh and I forgot to mention something…..this staff does not have contact practices. At least not on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays. I find this odd. Do you think the MAC schools go zero contact? Trick question…..they go full contact 2x a week. I would be remiss if I didn’t point out that zero attention is paid to OL & DL players. Read that last sentence again. They just kinda loiter around and drink Gatorade.

Back to practice…..we typically continue to work 7 on 7. QB’s and WR’s running routes if you don’t know what that is. And they will run that for 20-30 minutes. At this point usually someone bitches at the kid running the drone filming practice, and they have on occasion took the controls from him and flown it instead of coaching. I will not name names, but it is highly paid coaches doing this. If I was Dr. Doug Girod and saw this I would fire them on the spot.

Back to “practice” - at this point, usually around 5:15 or so there is a water break, and everyone moves from the practice field to Kivisto Field. Usually music is blasting, and the hangers on show up- various alumni, boosters, etc. This is when HC Beatty and STC DeForest really shine. Kickoff and Kickoff return. An absolute disaster. 10-20 minutes into this session, maybe get a kick off in , maybe not. We all watch this trainwreck for seemingly hours…..this is time no one will ever get back. Assuming they do 3-4 regular kickoffs, 2-3 onside kicks, and 3-4 mock kick returns (remember- no contact- zero)- at this point we go back to 11 on 11 and you guessed it, passing game- deep routes and trick plays. This is typically where Kenny Perry bitches at us for not calling offensive pass interference on #3 Harrell and #11 Sims. His poor D-Backs don’t stand a chance per him. It would be a foul if the QB put the ball anywhere near either player, which is not a certainty. Practice usually ends unceremoniously on a completed pass & we are dismissed. We get our money and hit the road.

Also of note, when Haskell Indian Nation University football went tits up, you would think that would adversely effect some people, right?. Negative, they just walked up the street to KU and were put to work. Various people of various skills, mental aptitude, and physical abilities doing various things. Water, Balls, equipment. You name it, they are doing it. This might be the best thing happening at KU Football right now- putting special needs people to work. I am all for that.

Offline fightinsnydersksu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18580 on: October 30, 2017, 11:17:48 PM »
Wtf is going on? Lol

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18581 on: October 30, 2017, 11:26:03 PM »
Translation: what does it say?

Something wrong with your resolution? It say's "Fire [you]"

:wha:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18582 on: October 30, 2017, 11:48:28 PM »
Wow.

Been trying to post for awhile. My friend is a ref who ref's practices of the 3 local teams. Here is his comments he shared with me.

Snyder runs a tight, on schedule ship at K-State. They say they are going to work on on-side kick recovery from 4:12p-4:18p – that is what they do without fail. All day long like that- specific objectives covered. Players and coaches move quickly.

Mizzou is getting better- clearly this new coach knows how to run and plan a practice. They fly around with purpose and are getting better. Coaches coach, players play, everyone is on point.

Now on to KU…….They ask us to be on-site at 3:45, ready to go at 4:00pm. We are ready to go. If we are lucky, they stop putzing around/stretching/throwing deep bombs/jacking aroud about 4:20p. Oh yes, usually at this point Beatty or a couple of his assistants start asking us about what wasn’t called last Saturday- this can be 3 minutes or 20 minutes. Around 4:20-4:30 then they chose to focus on pass routes in the end zone, and inefficiently at that. We do that for 10-20 minutes until Doug Meachem & Kenny Perry almost get into a fistfight over who is supposed to be doing what. HC Beatty told us that #3 Chase Harrell is the next Randy Moss-Jerry Rice……well…..I will let his stats speak for themselves. We then usually kick a variety of field goals and extra points. This process is like surgery at K-State and Mizzou, …..KU…well…..you can guess- struggle to get the right players in the right position. Joe DeForest looks out of his depth at a D-1 program. I’m not sure how Oklahoma State and West Virginia hired him. More about him later. We then typically then run some sort of Team O ….maybe 1’s versus 2’s or some variation of that. This continues the trend of pass routes to Harrell #3, and Sims #11. Sometimes it’s a successful play, sometimes not. Trick plays are smattered in there as well.

Oh and I forgot to mention something…..this staff does not have contact practices. At least not on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays. I find this odd. Do you think the MAC schools go zero contact? Trick question…..they go full contact 2x a week. I would be remiss if I didn’t point out that zero attention is paid to OL & DL players. Read that last sentence again. They just kinda loiter around and drink Gatorade.

Back to practice…..we typically continue to work 7 on 7. QB’s and WR’s running routes if you don’t know what that is. And they will run that for 20-30 minutes. At this point usually someone bitches at the kid running the drone filming practice, and they have on occasion took the controls from him and flown it instead of coaching. I will not name names, but it is highly paid coaches doing this. If I was Dr. Doug Girod and saw this I would fire them on the spot.

Back to “practice” - at this point, usually around 5:15 or so there is a water break, and everyone moves from the practice field to Kivisto Field. Usually music is blasting, and the hangers on show up- various alumni, boosters, etc. This is when HC Beatty and STC DeForest really shine. Kickoff and Kickoff return. An absolute disaster. 10-20 minutes into this session, maybe get a kick off in , maybe not. We all watch this trainwreck for seemingly hours…..this is time no one will ever get back. Assuming they do 3-4 regular kickoffs, 2-3 onside kicks, and 3-4 mock kick returns (remember- no contact- zero)- at this point we go back to 11 on 11 and you guessed it, passing game- deep routes and trick plays. This is typically where Kenny Perry bitches at us for not calling offensive pass interference on #3 Harrell and #11 Sims. His poor D-Backs don’t stand a chance per him. It would be a foul if the QB put the ball anywhere near either player, which is not a certainty. Practice usually ends unceremoniously on a completed pass & we are dismissed. We get our money and hit the road.

Also of note, when Haskell Indian Nation University football went tits up, you would think that would adversely effect some people, right?. Negative, they just walked up the street to KU and were put to work. Various people of various skills, mental aptitude, and physical abilities doing various things. Water, Balls, equipment. You name it, they are doing it. This might be the best thing happening at KU Football right now- putting special needs people to work. I am all for that.

And we only beat this clusterfuck by 10, with a kick return TD. How freaking sad is that?!

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18583 on: October 30, 2017, 11:52:55 PM »
Wow.

And we only beat this clusterfuck by 10, with a kick return TD. How freaking sad is that?!

Should've spent 4:12p-4:18p practicing how to cover receivers

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18584 on: October 31, 2017, 09:11:54 AM »
Wow.

I read that in my mind initially as "Katy Perry"
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18585 on: October 31, 2017, 02:15:09 PM »

Sad enough to think that the Qatz are no longer a dynamic program making progress, but a declining program seeking equilibrium with KU.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18586 on: October 31, 2017, 02:26:20 PM »

Sad enough to think that the Qatz are no longer a dynamic program making progress, but a declining program seeking equilibrium with KU.

A decided home field advantage like the one in Lawrence is said to be worth at least a field goal.. so, like, we kind of won by at least 13.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18587 on: October 31, 2017, 03:06:30 PM »
:lol: Thank you [you] for this great half-day of entertainment...
:driving:

Wait, what? I am absolutely not a rough riding Hawk, nor am I the kU AD. For crying out loud, I was at the game with TBT and friends.

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18588 on: November 01, 2017, 08:19:06 AM »
Lol I am so confused as to why my screen name is being brought up so much. I've been fightinsnydersksu on this board and the other board for a long time. Did I miss something?

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18589 on: November 01, 2017, 08:35:04 AM »
Lol I am so confused as to why my screen name is being brought up so much. I've been fightinsnydersksu on this board and the other board for a long time. Did I miss something?

pissed off the wrong mod probably

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18590 on: November 01, 2017, 08:51:28 AM »
Yeah, I've also been wondering why I keep seeing fightinsnyderksu mentioned so much. Mods?

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18591 on: November 01, 2017, 08:58:30 AM »
That does sound like me

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18592 on: November 01, 2017, 09:59:47 AM »
That does sound like me

Pro Tip:  Use the quote function when you see your name referenced, and then look at your name in the quoted content.

The Big Train

« Reply #18593 on: November 01, 2017, 08:18:02 PM »

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18594 on: November 01, 2017, 10:33:28 PM »
Amazing and pathetic all at once.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18595 on: November 02, 2017, 09:29:02 AM »
The place looked and smelled a lot better last weekend than it did when I was there back in '15, so that's a plus.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18596 on: November 02, 2017, 09:54:17 AM »

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18597 on: November 02, 2017, 10:05:38 AM »
The place looked and smelled a lot better last weekend than it did when I was there back in '15, so that's a plus.

They've already did the renovations and the new stadium is now their home, did you not see the tweet?

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18598 on: November 02, 2017, 11:00:59 AM »

They've already did the renovations and the new stadium is now their home, did you not see the tweet?

The good 'ol bait and switch.  Seems like an effective way to nail down recruiting visits.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18599 on: November 02, 2017, 11:04:08 AM »

The good 'ol bait and switch.  Seems like an effective way to nail down recruiting visits.

I wouldn't call it an effective way, but it's probably the best they have to work with.