Author Topic: Bill Nye (The Science Guy) Big Times Kansas Rubes and high fives Darwin  (Read 13825 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Nye (The Science Guy) Big Times Kansas Rubes and high fives Darwin
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 02:40:13 PM »
 :emawkid:

B-B-B-B-B-BILL NYE
:adios:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 02:51:21 PM »
The Gallup Poll has been tracking Americans' views on creation and evolution for the past 30 years.  In June it released its latest findings, which showed 46% of Americans believed in creationism

It's not just KS rubes.  Apparently there are rubes all over the country. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »
The Gallup Poll has been tracking Americans' views on creation and evolution for the past 30 years.  In June it released its latest findings, which showed 46% of Americans believed in creationism

No way that's true.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 03:04:05 PM »

No way that's true.

I bet it is. You're used to being around people that have gone to college. This poll got a sample of EVERYONE in America.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 03:04:42 PM »
No surprise that Bill is #teamevolution. All the  :gocho: are.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 03:08:39 PM »
40% to 47% of Americans surveyed saying they believed that God created humans in their present form at one point within the past 10,000 years.

I mean....this is stunning...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 03:09:43 PM »

No way that's true.

I bet it is. You're used to being around people that have gone to college. This poll got a sample of EVERYONE in America.

yeah, I say this to everyone all the time but it really blows my mind what percentage of the world is complete weirdo freakshow types.  if you are completely normal and intelligent you are going to surround yourself with normal and intelligent people and kind of forget how large a percentage the mongoloids make up. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 03:10:12 PM »
I met a guy who tried to tell me that the earth was only a few thousand years old one time. I would imagine I looked like this: :horrorsurprise:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 03:11:17 PM »

No way that's true.

yeah, I say this to everyone all the time but it really blows my mind what percentage of the world is complete weirdo freakshow types.  if you are completely normal and intelligent you are going to surround yourself with normal and intelligent people and kind of forget how large a percentage the mongoloids make up.

Pro Tip: many of those people believe it too.  They are just intelligent enough to not discuss it with you.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 03:13:03 PM »

No way that's true.

Pro Tip: many of those people believe it too.  They are just intelligent enough to not discuss it with you.

my statement was in general and not just specific to this topic.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 03:14:26 PM »

No way that's true.

I don't buy this.  I can usually sniff out people who believe God created a white Adam and Eve in the past 10,000 years.  He did this after he created the planet in that same time frame and dinosaur bones are a trick by the devil.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 03:18:54 PM »

No way that's true.

I don't buy this.  I can usually sniff out people who believe God created a white Adam and Eve in the past 10,000 years.  He did this after he created the planet in that same time frame and dinosaur bones are a trick by the devil.

The one guy (friend of a friend) who told me that the earth was less than 10,000 years old believed that men lived with the dinosaurs and that carbon dating was some liberal conspiracy to debunk Christianity. I have always thought that these people are generally white, clean cut, middle class midwesterners with 4 or more kids, but this guy was a college student with mutton chops and looked kind of homeless. It really threw me for a loop and I spent the rest of the evening trying to ditch him.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 03:21:28 PM »

No way that's true.

Nope, they believe the Dino's were around at the same time as man.  Otherwise, yep.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 03:23:03 PM »
The only person I've known on a somewhat personal basis (coworker) that didn't believe in evolution, was the same guy that was deathly afraid of black people (he actually thought all black people carry weapons and try to harm white people when no one is looking),  and also thought that gay people are just straight guys that couldn't get girlfriends and thought it would be easier to eff guys instead.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 03:24:41 PM »

No way that's true.

Nope, they believe the Dino's were around at the same time as man.  Otherwise, yep.

But science has proven that they never existed at the same time.  Not just through carbon dating  but through the fossil record.  You never find dino bones and Adam/Eve bones in the same place...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 03:26:03 PM »
what now

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 03:28:10 PM »
I think a large part of the 46% believe evolution and creationism are not necessarily mutually exclusive

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 03:32:41 PM »
I think a large part of the 46% believe evolution and creationism are not necessarily mutually exclusive

The article states that what you are talking about is an additional 36 (or something) percent, so no, it doesn't include them at all.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 03:34:09 PM »

I think you are referring to the difference between creationism and intelligent design.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 03:36:51 PM »

The article states that what you are talking about is an additional 36 (or something) percent, so no, it doesn't include them at all.

Didn't read the article.  Well thats just alarming then

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »
You guys crack me up.  You think kansas is bad with its anti evolution stance, you should spend some time in the south.  I had to take a class at the local CC for work training and in the class we got into a little talk about this very topic.  There were 3 different people that told me scientists(They used that word loosely here) explained that things like the Grand Canyon can happen in a few thousand years.

I then had a co-worker attempt to explain religion to me with physics. Basically he was doing the :bs: # and I called him on it.

The people in the south are so brainwashed into anti evolution that they think it happens when a monkey is born as a monkey, then turns into a human later in life.  It is such a beautiful cluster eff of things that makes me miss kansas so much  :frown:
:dance:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 03:41:14 PM »

No way that's true.

But science has proven that they never existed at the same time.  Not just through carbon dating  but through the fossil record.  You never find dino bones and Adam/Eve bones in the same place...

Ppl are more distrusting of science, where it conflicts with religion, now than 10 yrs ago.  Saw a poll on CNN.  it was something like 10% more.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »
There are a number of dumbasses that think science is a political tool

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 03:43:01 PM »
You guys crack me up.  You think kansas is bad with its anti evolution stance, you should spend some time in the south.  I had to take a class at the local CC for work training and in the class we got into a little talk about this very topic.  There were 3 different people that told me scientists(They used that word loosely here) explained that things like the Grand Canyon can happen in a few thousand years.

I then had a co-worker attempt to explain religion to me with physics. Basically he was doing the :bs: # and I called him on it.

The people in the south are so brainwashed into anti evolution that they think it happens when a monkey is born as a monkey, then turns into a human later in life.  It is such a beautiful cluster eff of things that makes me miss kansas so much  :frown:

Is putting them in jorts to feed a milk bottle to a tiger cub turning human?