Author Topic: LOL . . ."why am I getting this email" . . . "please don't reply all"  (Read 11750 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ah yes, there's nothing like working for a large company, when by mistake somebody sends out an email to a large group, and then you have to read the steady parade of, "Why am I getting this email" that was a REPLY ALL, and then the follow-up "Please don't REPLY ALL" that was a REPLY ALL.

:bang:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
I enjoy when that happens.  Or when someone replies with something kind of stupid thinking they replied to just the one person. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oh, its funny . . . but then sad.   

Albeit, you do discover groups you never knew existed.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Do a reply all with a link to this thread.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I enjoy when that happens.  Or when someone replies with something kind of stupid thinking they replied to just the one person.

I also enjoy it. I never inform the person who sent the email of the mistake, though, because I hope the mail keeps coming.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
I like when someone is having a snippy/gossipy type conversation about their coworkers that actually evolves into a legitimate question about something at work and then they forward that question to the group or their boss or something and forget to remove all the catty things further down the chain.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like when someone is having a snippy/gossipy type conversation about their coworkers that actually evolves into a legitimate question about something at work and then they forward that question to the group or their boss or something and forget to remove all the catty things further down the chain.

You have to feel bad for the person who participated in the snippy conversation but wasn't the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) who forwarded the conversation to the boss in that scenario.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

yeah, that's great too

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Oops, now some people are getting really mad.   :lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dax is a pussy unless I see 30+ guests reading this thread because he just sent everyone in the e-mail a link.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We have this thread about once a year going back to ksufans days fwiw. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
screenshots dax. tia.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Had a pretty infamous one here in our office laced with swears and discussing some pretty serious drinking that occurred after a softball game.  The sender tried to recall it, and when the "recall" email went out someone replied to that with "too late"

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Yeah, can learn a lot about coworkers by scrolling down in email chains. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
before a secretary resigned, she sent out an email to everybody detailing how awful/racist her boss was, plus all the gossip she heard from everyone in the 2+ years she was there. The gossip ranged from "so and so is having an affair with a parent" to "this guy once killed a person."

The admin was told to delete the email from everyone's inbox if possible. it wasn't.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
before a secretary resigned, she sent out an email to everybody detailing how awful/racist her boss was, plus all the gossip she heard from everyone in the 2+ years she was there. The gossip ranged from "so and so is having an affair with a parent" to "this guy once killed a person."

The admin was told to delete the email from everyone's inbox if possible. it wasn't.

I bet she was Will's dad.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No way, no screenshots or content.

But another 14 "reply alls" just hit in the last 3 minutes, that has generated 1000's of additional emails.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I bet she was Will's dad.

no, but she was a nazi.

HUR HUR HUR.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Here comes another string of "I don't think I am supposed to get this" on Reply All . . . generating 1000's more emails.

Followed by at least 5 more "Quite Replying all" that again, generated 1000's of additional emails.

Oops, 2 more, "why did I get this message" done on Reply All.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Here comes another string of "I don't think I am supposed to get this" on Reply All . . . generating 1000's more emails.

Followed by at least 5 more "Quite Replying all" that again, generated 1000's of additional emails.

Oops, 2 more, "why did I get this message" done on Reply All.
Good God! How stupid are the people at your company?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dax, pm me everyone's e-mail c&p'd or something so I can send everyone something from goEMAW.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dax, pm me everyone's e-mail c&p'd or something so I can send everyone something from goEMAW.

No

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
He isn't going to C&P anything.  He is Rick Daris' friend and is not going to let you guys mock him.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile

lies.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

lies.

apparently it was possible normally, but we didn't have something turned on or installed. i dunno,  wasn't my thing.
- chunkles