Author Topic: Holy War  (Read 137841 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Holy War
« on: February 27, 2011, 11:23:01 AM »
Thoughts....?
Post them here!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:11:24 AM by yoga-like_abana »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Religion,Bible,Church, Etc. Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 11:35:45 AM »
Hoax

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 11:58:32 AM »
I'm for it

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 12:10:10 PM »
Is scientology a religion?

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 12:23:19 PM »
This is weird. I am an agnostic and have been to church just a handful of times over the last 10 years. I woke up this morning and decided to go to church for the hell of it. I put on a shirt and tie and drove to St. Isidore's.

As I was parking my car, I noticed that everybody walking into the church had jeans and hoodies on.  :horrorsurprise:

I felt overdressed and drove home. I was going to change and go to 11 a.m. mass, but then I decided to wager on the West Virginia-Rutgers game instead.

Maybe next week.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 12:51:43 PM »
Cons: Tithing, standing up and singing, being forced to go to church when younger, some dood is "watching" over all of us, etc.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 01:01:13 PM »
This is weird. I am an agnostic and have been to church just a handful of times over the last 10 years. I woke up this morning and decided to go to church for the hell of it. I put on a shirt and tie and drove to St. Isidore's.

As I was parking my car, I noticed that everybody walking into the church had jeans and hoodies on.  :horrorsurprise:

I felt overdressed and drove home. I was going to change and go to 11 a.m. mass, but then I decided to wager on the West Virginia-Rutgers game instead.

Maybe next week.

Actually those other people were underdressed, and you could have walked in there standing tall, looking sharp, and feeling good about yourself.  But you were too big of a pussy to do that.   :lol:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 01:16:59 PM »

Maybe next week.

Actually those other people were underdressed, and you could have walked in there standing tall, looking sharp, and feeling good about yourself.  But you were too big of a pussy to do that.   :lol:

Damn, you're right.  :cry:

Another reason why I didn't go: I wasn't sure how much to leave in the "collection basket." Forgot to search that online before I left the house. I planned on giving $10 or $20, but really had no clue. Come to think of it ...

MODS!? MOVE THIS POST TO TIPPING THREAD!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »
I've never donated at Mass before.  But then again, I don't take in any income.  10% of 0 is 0, so  :emawkid:.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 01:24:04 PM »
I would love to read the bible someday if they made it a lot shorter and easier to read. With pictures and stuff.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 01:28:09 PM »
did you go?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 01:32:05 PM »
did you go?
hasn't messaged me back yet  :frown: must not be an attractive option anymore.

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 01:34:37 PM »
Like the idea of religion...don't like that there are too many of them and some of them conflict with others.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 01:47:03 PM »
My little church in my little hillbilly town is headed for the greatest schism of all time over the ordaining of queers. The pastor didn't speak to or look at me today because my family are known liberals. First hand evidence of the pettiness that is symptomatic of the people who take this crap too seriously.   

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 02:13:54 PM »
The pastor didn't speak to or look at me today

WHAT?!?! LOVE THY BROTHER! FORGIVENESS IS DIVINE! JFC don't they get it?  I'm angry about this.  :chainsaw:
Wait WTF were you doing near a church?

:adios:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 02:17:52 PM »

Maybe next week.

Damn, you're right.  :cry:

Another reason why I didn't go: I wasn't sure how much to leave in the "collection basket." Forgot to search that online before I left the house. I planned on giving $10 or $20, but really had no clue. Come to think of it ...

MODS!? MOVE THIS POST TO TIPPING THREAD!

I think Rake is on to something here.  Tithing should be like tipping.  You have a good week, maybe you give the big guy a little something extra.  Having a down week, maybe he didn't earn it.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 02:19:04 PM »
Like the idea of religion...don't like that there are too many of them and some of them conflict with others.

I don't think I could ever choose a religion. There are more than 100 religions. Odds are that only one of them, if any, are right. How on earth could I possibly pick one, knowing full well that geography often dictates what you believe in?

It's like I told the Mormons who visited my house one day: "You are going to feel mighty stupid when you are wrong."

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 02:24:27 PM »

I don't think I could ever choose a religion. There are more than 100 religions. Odds are that only one of them, if any, are right. How on earth could I possibly pick one, knowing full well that geography often dictates what you believe in?

It's like I told the Mormons who visited my house one day: "You are going to feel mighty stupid when you are wrong."

And religions (especially Christianity) always try to dodge the "What happens to non-Christians" question when it's clear that the Bible says they all go to hell. "God would probably save Ghandi since he was a good man" when really he wasn't a Christian and is probably burning in hell right now according to the Holy text. I guess nice guys finish last  :frown:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 02:25:25 PM »

And religions (especially Christianity) always try to dodge the "What happens to non-Christians" question when it's clear that the Bible says they all go to hell. "God would probably save Ghandi since he was a good man" when really he wasn't a Christian and is probably burning in hell right now according to the Holy text. I guess nice guys finish last  :frown:

That's way over my head. I have LBIQ.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 02:51:48 PM »
My little church in my little hillbilly town is headed for the greatest schism of all time over the ordaining of queers. The pastor didn't speak to or look at me today because my family are known liberals. First hand evidence of the pettiness that is symptomatic of the people who take this cac too seriously.   

Did you go speak to your pastor and get ignored by him/her?  Or are you saying that because the pastor didn't specifically seek you out after service that you know for a fact it was because you are liberal?  I didn't know it was a pastor's responsibility to individually speak to every member of the congregation every single Sunday.  That might be asking a bit much.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 03:14:45 PM »
The pastor shakes hands and exchanges a greeting with everyone as they exit the narthex. This bro looked past my family and didn't say a word. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 03:21:12 PM »
The pastor shakes hands and exchanges a greeting with everyone as they exit the narthex. This bro looked past my family and didn't say a word. 

Sounds like you're one of those dumbass ghosts who thinks they are alive and can't figure out why everyone looks right past them. Have you considered the idea that you're dead? If you are dead you probably have some unfinished business to attend to in this realm.  Like maybe solving your own murder or reconciling with a lost love. Good luck.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 03:29:23 PM »

The ordaining of homosexuals is something that gets determined at a much higher level of the church hierarchy than a single congregation.  I highly doubt your pastor has a grudge against you for it.  I know I wasn't there, but I'm guessing you are reading into that a bit too far in drawing conclusions. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 03:34:27 PM »
Sounds like you're one of those dumbass ghosts who thinks they are alive and can't figure out why everyone looks right past them. Have you considered the idea that you're dead? If you are dead you probably have some unfinished business to attend to in this realm.  Like maybe solving your own murder or reconciling with a lost love. Good luck.
Who are you talking to Cole (_33)?

:adios: