Date: 18/03/24 - 22:15 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Who is on the conference call . . . .  (Read 10391 times)

August 06, 2009, 10:02:33 AM
Read 10391 times

sonofdaxjones

• All American

August 06, 2009, 10:05:14 AM
Reply #1

Catmatt

I'm here.  Not sure what questions I have that John could answer.

August 06, 2009, 10:05:48 AM
Reply #2

g2brg

• Cub

August 06, 2009, 10:09:54 AM
Reply #3

sonofdaxjones

• All American

August 06, 2009, 10:10:43 AM
Reply #4

Catmatt

August 06, 2009, 10:18:24 AM
Reply #5

MadCat

August 06, 2009, 10:19:29 AM
Reply #6

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick
could someone ask Currie if he knows of a good plumber in Pratt?  Thanks.

August 06, 2009, 10:22:03 AM
Reply #7

j-vonfeldt

• Junior Wildcat

August 06, 2009, 10:27:36 AM
Reply #8

BeaumontCat1%

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    One Percenter
It appears that many KSU fans are unfamiliar with how to use this tricky new technology known as a telephone

August 06, 2009, 10:28:09 AM
Reply #9

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
could someone ask Currie if he knows of a good plumber in Pratt?  Thanks.

would be awesome if you actually did this.

"Off-topic here, John, but what's the craziest thing you've ever found while walking through the woods? I'll hang up and listen."
“My arm gets tired from doing this,” said coach Bill Snyder, waving his arm.

August 06, 2009, 10:31:13 AM
Reply #10

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Overall though this is vastly superior than the Krause-Prince cluster f_ck conference call was.    But yes, some folks still have a problem with that tricky telephone.

August 06, 2009, 10:33:21 AM
Reply #11

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
any good infro? how come i'm not on this thing.
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

August 06, 2009, 10:33:45 AM
Reply #12

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
Hank will not be nickled and dimed.

August 06, 2009, 10:34:05 AM
Reply #13

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Come on folks . . . handling fees are the way of the world in the ticket industry, that's just the way it is, deal with it.

August 06, 2009, 10:34:36 AM
Reply #14

FelixRex

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    Knows What Brent Did...
any good infro? how come i'm not on this thing.

ADJC pimped the  :AA:

August 06, 2009, 10:35:32 AM
Reply #15

BeaumontCat1%

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    One Percenter
Overall though this is vastly superior than the Krause-Prince cluster f_ck conference call was.    But yes, some folks still have a problem with that tricky telephone.

[breathes into phone]...yea, I'm here....[breathes into phone]....hello?..... yea, I'm here.....[breathes into phone]...hello?.....

August 06, 2009, 10:45:38 AM
Reply #16

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

[breathes into phone]...yea, I'm here....[breathes into phone]....hello?..... yea, I'm here.....[breathes into phone]...hello?.....

:lol:

August 06, 2009, 10:46:19 AM
Reply #17

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
any info? christ, i f*cking hate ksufans.com sometimes.
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

August 06, 2009, 10:53:09 AM
Reply #18

sonofdaxjones

• All American

-Better oversight.

-No more payments out of funds that are specifically for short term issues, like tourney travel, team travel etc. etc.   

-Handling fees are unavoidable because there's so few vendors in the ticket industry, with the new computerized tickets etc. etc.  That they have to outsource those things, and some fees are unavoidable.

-Kansas City Market is extremely important (complete change from previous regime)

-Will bring back the Ahearn Fund Board of Directors.

-KSU Athletics Inc. Board will have outside entities on the board.

-Deloitte and Touche hired to review and consult on business processes. 

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 10:55:05 AM by sonofdaxjones »

August 06, 2009, 10:55:08 AM
Reply #19

BeaumontCat1%

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    One Percenter

Just a bunch of hicks either:
a) bitching about paying too much for something or
b) telling everyone why they are greatest and most loyal KSU fan of them all

Currie is doing a great job, imo.  Hope he can stand the fan base and stays a long time.

August 06, 2009, 10:59:14 AM
Reply #20

sonofdaxjones

• All American

b) telling everyone why they are greatest and most loyal KSU fan of them all

Currie is doing a great job, imo.  Hope he can stand the fan base and stays a long time.

Yeah, a couple of those, but some good questions.  

Over 2,000 people on the call.

Currie so far vastly superior at these type of things to Weiser and of course Krause.

August 06, 2009, 11:02:35 AM
Reply #21

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
Someone ask Currie if he will aggresively call for a technical foul if opposing hoops coaches get out of line.  The answer will determine if I like him or not.   :users:
<---------Click the ball

August 06, 2009, 11:19:20 AM
Reply #22

LimestoneOutcropping

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Skate on Sister School
-
-Kansas City Market is extremely important (complete change from previous regime)

Not one to brag but Pete and I are almost single handly responsible for this change.  You are welcome KC EMAW.   :users:

August 06, 2009, 12:53:45 PM
Reply #23

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
thanks for the updates. you guys are friends, and i mean that. go cats.

August 06, 2009, 01:16:10 PM
Reply #24

BeaumontCat1%

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    One Percenter

Currie so far vastly superior at these type of things to Weiser and of course Krause.

Fair enough.  I pretty much tuned out after the mouth-breather, followed by two people who felt it necessary to mention that they were/husband was a former player, had tickets for over 30 years and donate to the Ahearn fund.

I missed the answer to the facilities related question.  What did Currie say about that?

I am very concerned that Currie doesn't "fit" the KSU family mold, and a Urick/Weiser/Krause-type will soon be back to comfort the masses.

August 06, 2009, 01:31:23 PM
Reply #25

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Fair enough.  I pretty much tuned out after the mouth-breather, followed by two people who felt it necessary to mention that they were/husband was a former player, had tickets for over 30 years and donate to the Ahearn fund.

I missed the answer to the facilities related question.  What did Currie say about that?

I am very concerned that Currie doesn't "fit" the KSU family mold, and a Urick/Weiser/Krause-type will soon be back to comfort the masses.

Comfort the masses??   I think most K-State people have had enough of the Urick-Weiser-Krause types . . . look at what that got them/us.   A bunch of good old boys running the place into the ground and making themselves rich . . . at least with Weiser and Krause. 

Insofar as facilities go, he said they were going to pursue them aggressively, but that priorities would change.   Plus keep in mind the Regents told both ku and k-state athletics that they can't borrow any more money unless the project was directly tied to building something that generated revenue to pay off the debt.   So no more millions of dollars of debt for basketball practice facilities, and "athletic villages", all the money is going to have to be raised privately.

August 06, 2009, 01:35:21 PM
Reply #26

Ghost of Stan Parrish

• Cub

• My profile
Quote from: spani
b) telling everyone why they are greatest and most loyal KSU fan of them all...

I pretty much tuned out after the mouth-breather, followed by two people who felt it necessary to mention that they were/husband was a former player, had tickets for over 30 years and donate to the Ahearn fund.

:frown:  So sad, and so accurate.
每個人一野貓!

August 06, 2009, 03:01:35 PM
Reply #27

BeaumontCat1%

• Premium Member
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    One Percenter
Comfort the masses??   I think most K-State people have had enough of the Urick-Weiser-Krause types . . . look at what that got them/us.   A bunch of good old boys running the place into the ground and making themselves rich . . . at least with Weiser and Krause. 

I just meant that the "masses" of KSU fandom will soon be saying that Currie's personality "is not right for KSU", and he doesn't "fit" the KSU persona, so KSU will have to hire some lame-ass, like they have in the past, that will "fit" the crowd that likes to complain because they've had tickets since Ernie Barret was shooting hook shots in Nichols Gym, and now some young whipper-snapper is selling tickets for $25.  In my opinion, the KSU-Family is the reason KSU gets stuck with a bunch of dip-$hits running the show.

On the other hand, if Currie isn't forced to leave because he "doesn't fit", he will soon realize that a bunch of people that bitch about a) selling tickets too cheaply to fill seats or b) having to pay a serivce charge on tickets, makes it impossible to win in the B12, and he will move on as soon as a real program realizes his potential.

I really hope I am wrong about the KSU-family, but my opinion is only re-inforced each time I experience a gathering of KSU fans.

August 06, 2009, 03:46:32 PM
Reply #28

sonofdaxjones

• All American

I just meant that the "masses" of KSU fandom will soon be saying that Currie's personality "is not right for KSU", and he doesn't "fit" the KSU persona, so KSU will have to hire some lame-ass, like they have in the past, that will "fit" the crowd that likes to complain because they've had tickets since Ernie Barret was shooting hook shots in Nichols Gym, and now some young whipper-snapper is selling tickets for $25.  In my opinion, the KSU-Family is the reason KSU gets stuck with a bunch of dip-$hits running the show.

On the other hand, if Currie isn't forced to leave because he "doesn't fit", he will soon realize that a bunch of people that bitch about a) selling tickets too cheaply to fill seats or b) having to pay a serivce charge on tickets, makes it impossible to win in the B12, and he will move on as soon as a real program realizes his potential.

I really hope I am wrong about the KSU-family, but my opinion is only re-inforced each time I experience a gathering of KSU fans.

Totally agree with that.  I am constantly amazed by the "devaluing the product" crowd and the people who would rather see empty seats than have them full . . . who actually treat having season tickets like something you'd do for a professional sports team rather than treating them as supporting the KSU athletic program.   

The idiots who complain about handling fees don't quite grasp the fact that it's not 1985 and there isn't 20,000 tickets for most games being sold, there's more than twice that many being sold, and that by having computerized ticketing you can actually do things like transfer your tickets to someone else and never leave the seat in front of your computer. 

I worry about the same stuff . . . the people who complain about having mandatory giving for seats, will also be the first ones bitching and complaining when the team isn't any good (or right now when the team doesn't get any better).   It's that kind of crap that will make a smart young administrator like Currie want to bail at the first possible moment.   

We've absolutely got many small time thinking fans, and frankly that's one thing that's held the athletic department back for so long . . .  "Oh gosh Ol Tim's from out there in Great Bend, he's one of us, he understands K-State . . . Tim talks like I do, when Tim says we can't write checks (except big one's to him) it's just like me talking about my crops not coming in, and the gubment farm checks being delayed." 

August 06, 2009, 11:14:35 PM
Reply #29

Trim

• Administrator
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    "Tacky" -Kietz